If you would like to advertise a vacancy on this page please contact the Society for Cryobiology's editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy: Graduate Research Assistantship
Phase Transformations during Desiccation of Microfluidic Water Droplets
The Biothermal Sciences Laboratory at Villanova University has an immediate opening for a graduate Research Assistant. The assistantship includes complete tuition waivers as well as an annual salary of $20,500. A requirement for the position is to complete a Masters or Doctoral thesis on the research topic described below. You would be expected to devote 20-30 hours to research-related work during the school year, and to do full-time research (for pay) during the summers.
Students with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Bioengineering or related fields are invited to express their interest in this opportunity by submitting a copy of their resume or curriculum vitae (in PDF format or hardcopy only) to Prof. Jens Karlsson.
For additional information, please contact Prof. Karlsson, or visit the Biothermal Sciences Laboratory website.
Thesis Research Topic
In this NIH-funded interdisciplinary project, you will explore phase-transformation phenomena and molecular transport processes in non-equilibrium liquids. The applications for this research include materials processing (controlling microstructure during solidification), biotechnology (preservation of cells), and food technology. Experiments will focus on investigation of ice and sugar crystals in aqueous solutions, and computer models will be used to simulate novel desiccation strategies that have been proposed for long-term preservation of living cells.
You will have an opportunity to:
Vacancy: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in tissue engineering, cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
The Program in Children’s Regenerative Medicine in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow for its Cellular Therapeutics Translational Laboratory and Human Cell Processing cGMP Facility. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the facilities and must be able to work, with minimal supervision, on translational research projects related to tissue engineering, cell therapy and regenerative medicine. Among primary responsibilities, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of improved vitrification solutions and conditions for cells and/or tissues and transitioning innovative tissue engineering therapeutic approaches from experimental pre-clinical models to clinical applications. After proper training, additional responsibilities will include participating in the production of clinical grade, cell and tissue engineered products. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a relevant scientific discipline, research experience in cryobiology and vitrification technology, a keen interest in stem cells, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, and experience with pre-clinical studies using animal models as well as with aseptic methods of harvesting, purification, processing, culture, storage and characterization of human stem cells. He/she will be strongly motivated to work both independently and as a team member in a highly interactive and dynamic research environment, with a proven ability to conduct and publish research and an enthusiasm to learn and develop new techniques. This position will work closely with physicians, scientists, experts in regulatory issues and process development, and other postdoctoral fellows within the Program of Regenerative Medicine.
The Program has over 5,000 square feet of state of the art, fully-equipped basic laboratory and tissue engineering facilities as well as over 2,500 square feet of cGMP laboratories for production of clinical grade, cell and tissue engineered products. This initiative will help to save children’s lives and improve the quality of their lives by developing techniques and therapies to repair damaged organs or birth defects in children.
To apply, please provide a cover letter with a brief description of your research background and interests, and a Curriculum Vitae with the contact information for 3 professional references to Dr. Fabio Triolo (Fabio.Triolo@uth.tmc.edu) with a CC to Stephanie Baca (Stephanie.Baca@uth.tmc.edu).
UTHealth is and EEO/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE/M/D/F/V.
Vacancy: Postdoctoral position is available in a project on cryopreservation of ovarian tissues and improvement of cryopreservation by antifreeze proteins
Vacancy: Plant Research Post-doctoral Fellowship
The candidate will work to recover in vitro tissues from cryostorage, evaluate growth, regenerate culture lines, and re-bank samples. A major focus will be on analyzing the data from this large study in relation to species, genotype, age, original viability, sample preparation, number of replicates, and storage location, and to examine the relationship of these factors to survival. Other duties will include working with Horticulture and Education staff to provide plants from this project and background information for display. Further duties will involve working with other members of the project team, managing staff, preparing scientific papers, reports, and presentations.
For further information please download the job specification.
Vacancy: Postdoctoral fellowship in the area of cryobiology and regenerative medicine
Location: Medical College of Georgia/Augusta University, Augusta, GA, USA
Closing Date: Until filled
A post-doctoral position is available at the Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine / Medical College of Georgia to study preservation of stem cells and oocytes. Familiarity with stem cells and oocyte/embryo-related techniques is preferred. Interested applicants should submit a CV and contact information of three references to Dr. Ali Eroglu at email@example.com.
Vacancy: Culture Media Scientist
To oversee and organize all aspects and duties, in a professional manner, that relate to the research and development of Assisted Reproduction Culture Media products and processes.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (may include other duties as assigned)
• The design, development, manufacture, testing and validation of new media formulations used in Cook Medical’s Assisted Reproductive Technology product range.
• Writing of project documentation including, but not limited to: Test methods, test reports and validation protocols
• Work in a state that is suitable for the manufacturing of aseptically filled products in an ISO Class 7 Clean Room and ensure all tasks are performed in a manner that is suitable for a clean room environment
• Ensure all procedures are performed to a standard that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices
• Ensure all new prototype and pilot products are manufactured in accordance to Good Manufacturing Practices
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision with initiative and drive for timely completion of project goals.
• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable
• Good verbal and written communication skills, effective before groups and in project documentation.
• Make decisions relating to Media R&D projects in consultation with Global Product Manager, Engineering Management, SBU and other relevant departments
• Communicate effectively with Media manufacturing where new formulations, the manufacture of pilot batches or product transfers are required
• Communicate effectively with Regulatory Affairs staff to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met for new Media products
• Document research and development process through lab notebooks or other accepted methods
• The ability to successfully lead cross functional teams in a Project Leader role (previous project management experience preferred).
• Strong project management skills.
For work/educational requirements please visit https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/cookmedical/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=13965&esid=az